Friends of the Manteca High School Future Farmers of America is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting those students in agriculture education and the local FFA chapter.
Students receive the resources needed to maximize opportunities within the organization that will, in turn, help them develop into leaders at school and in their community, according to Rosemarie Craighead, who is with Friends of the MHS FFA as well as a paraprofessional at the school .
“We support them by offering partial grants for items like FFA jackets and their Supervised Agriculture Experience Projects,” she said on Tuesday.
Thanks to Friends of MHS FFA, students are also afforded equipment and uniforms for upcoming FFA team competitions, projects for the San Joaquin County AgFest, leadership conferences, college scholarships for seniors, and other activities.
A major funding source is the current online auction, which officially kicked off last Saturday.
Featured are the following:
· Two 30-minute private softball training sessions – Coach Shelby Anderson, who has 20-year experience with All-American Sports Academy teaching hitting and pitching., Will provide instructions. The bid for the gift card started at $ 50.
· Farmer’s Kit – Donated by Farmers Feed Co. Items include two hats, six bottles of seasoning steak / chicken / ribs / pork / vegetables, two packets of dip for fruit, an 8-quart bucket, and a bottle each of barbecue sauce, local honey, salsa. The starting bid is $ 50.
· Certificate for a Ceremonial First Pitch at Banner Island Ballpark – Donated by the Stockton Ports baseball team. Game day tickets not included. Bidding started at $ 60.
· Four wheel alignment – Donated by Les Schwab Tires of Manteca. Bidding started at $ 65.
· Golf Time at Manteca Park Golf Course – Donated by Manteca Park Golf Course. Gift certificate is good for one round of golf for four including cart. Bidding started at $ 90.
· Holiday Wreath – Donated by the MHS Ag Dept., Floral students. Bidding started at $ 20.
· MHS ’23 Graduation Tickets & Plush Buffalo – Donated by Principal Frank Gonzales. Included is one pair of tickets for the Class of 2023 graduation along with a stuffed Buffalo. Bidding started at $ 20.
· Wooden Outdoor Bench – Donated by MHS Advanced Woodshop students. The current bid (as of Tuesday) is $ 120.
· Case of Noble Vines Collection, Marquis Red wines – Donated by Delicato Family Wines. The one case contains 12 bottles of the red varietals. The current bid is at $ 75.
· Chick-fil-A Basket – Donated by Chick-fil-A Manteca, and contains one clear tumbler, four large round stickers, sunglasses, notebook, and a size adult large ‘Eat More Chicken’ hoodie. Current bid is at $ 40.
Bidding for the online auction closes at 8 pm on Saturday.
To go online for the auction, click on to https://www.32auctions.com/FriendsofMantecaFFA2022 to view more items.