- Spotify’s new “Get Ready With Music” feature makes a custom playlist that matches your outfit.
- To make a Get Ready With Music playlist, you’ll need to pick out your current mood, what colors you’re wearing, and your “vibe.”
- Your Get Ready With Music playlist will feature about two hours of music from both popular and indie artists.
It seems like Spotify has a playlist for every situation — even if you’re a cat.
This time, they’ve released a new playlist that changes based on what you’re wearing. After all, what’s the point of a killer look if you don’t have a killer soundtrack to go with it?
How to use Spotify’s ‘Get Ready With Music’ playlist
If you open up the Spotify app right now, you might see a banner inviting you to make your Get Ready With Music playlist. But if you don’t, you can get started by heading to this link on your iPhone or Android.
1. Let the Get Ready With Music intro play out, then tap Let’s Go.
2. Choose the activity that you’re picking an outfit for. You can choose between Getting Stuff Done, Breaking a Sweat, Taking It Easy, Going Out Tonightor Up for whatever.
3. Next, pick out your outfit’s three primary colors. You can move the slider around the circle to choose your color, and then use the slider at the top to make your color choice lighter or darker. If you want to pick white or black, move that top slider all the way to the left or right.
4. You’ll next have to pick your “vibe.” This is basically asking whether your clothes are tight or soft or sleek — in essence, what kind of fabric you have on.
5. Finally, enter your name and — if you want — upload a photo to serve as the playlist’s cover art.
6. Give Spotify a minute to generate the playlist. When it’s done, Spotify will show you a summary of your answers, then reveal a Preview Playlist button. Tap this, then tap Go to playlist.
You’ve now got a two-hour playlist that matches your outfit. You can re-do this process as many times as you want, whenever you want, for all your styles.
Every Get Ready With Music playlist automatically gets saved to your public Spotify profile. If you want to add the playlist to your Library for quicker access, you’ll have to use the Spotify desktop app and drag it from your profile to your list of playlists.
You can find your Spotify profile in the iPhone and Android app by opening the app’s settings menu and tapping your name at the top. In the desktop app, click your username in the top-right corner, and then select Profile.